Saturday, October 23, 2010

How Thoughtful!


Psalm 139:17-18
17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!

Who even cares enough to count the grains of sand when they are surrounded by it? To think that God thinks about us that much, isn't it a bit overwhelming? Just think about how often we think of Him. How often do we let our thoughts of the world and the worries of life sideline our thoughts toward God? I think I've spent most of my time thinking about my future. I've always been the one who had to have it all laid out in concrete. Then God would come along with His crane machine and remind me that He is my one "true" foundation. We need to keep kicking ourselves to remind ourselves that our thoughts are toward the Lord. As many of you know I "hate" television, but you want to know why? Because when those commercials come on it is very difficult to control my thoughts. While I work out at the gym they have televisions on and my thoughts aren't turned toward possitive things anymore. They swarm you with ads for junk food and sweets as well as ads that make you feel like you aren't beautiful enough. I really have to catch myself and remember WHAT I am going to the gym for. I want to be healthy! Why? Not because society is telling me I need to be a size 0 for a guy to like me, but because I like to feel great. Our bodies our the temple of the Holy Spirit. On the playlist for this website there is a song that is called "Garbage In". I really like that song because it reminds me that when I put garbage in my thoughts ... they come out. Why do I need to worry about "wordly" things? I should be focused on thinking about God! He thinks about me so much I can't even count it! We should totally turn around our thoughts and focus them upward. So the next time I start blurting off about wordly worries remind me about who God is and how often He thinks of me. Remind me to keep thinking of Him!

Philippians 4:8

For the rest, my brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things have honour, whatever things are upright, whatever things are holy, whatever things are beautiful, whatever things are of value, if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, give thought to these things.

No comments: