Monday, October 25, 2010

The Heart of the Matter


Psalm 139:23-24
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

Have you ever performed a virus scan on your computer? If a virus gets into your computer it can be very deadly for your computer. That is the way our hearts are. Anything that is unhealthy to our spiritual walk can also cause our lights to dim. That's why it's important for us to install our virus protection Jesus Christ into our lives. To keep updated on His word. To guard our hearts! God will point out if anything offends us even if He steps on our toes in the process. I have sat through sermons before getting pretty frustrated at the pastor because I was pretty convicted on what He was preaching on. However, I realize now that it was God and He wanted me to get my heart right. God's word is our best defense for catching any spiritual virus that may begin to attack us. The bible says that God's word have I hid in my heart so I may not sin against Thee. It's important to stay in God's word and to know it well so we know know how to be healthy. God's word is not to make us not have fun... it's to keep us safe. If you've ever had a computer virus you know that it likes to spread around. Our hearts are the same. If we don't keep protecting our hearts and if we allow bad things to enter in then they will come out eventually and it wont be pretty. So stay in God's word and remember to keep your Spiritual virus protection updated!
Luke 6:45
A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.

No comments: