Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Big Mouth!


Psalms 139:3-4
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

Has anyone ever read the book Me and My Big Mouth by Joyce Meyers? Well, I started to. I have a confession to tell you. I "don't" like being told that I have a big mouth because I know I do. I also have an authority issue which doesn't help because I always feel like I need to defend myself. The problem with that? Most of the time I'm defensive with my words. Most of the time the words I choose come from emotions and aren't picked out with wisdom. When I speak from emotions I also don't even usually "think" about what I am saying. So why am I telling you this? Well #1 the bible says to confess our sins to one another and #2 I am pretty sure I am not the "only" one with this problem. So how can we control our tongue realizing that God knows what is coming out before we do? We can make sure that we keep meditating on His word (garbage in= garbage out). We can also take a time to think about how we are feeling before we speak. It's very hard but our tongue is a powerful instrument. I'm praying for God to control my tongue, can you please pray with me? I will also pray with you. God loves when we are open about our struggles because that helps others walk in light as well.

Proverbs 18:21

The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.

No comments: