Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oh Wonderful


Psalms 139:13-14
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

Many people struggle to realize that God created us in our mother's womb and that His word says we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Sometimes we wish we were taller, skinnier, or prettier. We might even sometimes wish we were born to a different family. However, God knew what He was doing even before you were born. You were fearfully and wonderfully made. God made you and He makes great things! God doesn't make mistakes.

A few days ago I was glancing at some old baby photos with my best friend. I couldn't believe how much I've grown. I looked similar to those baby pictures but a lot changed. As an early childhood professional it's not easy to forget that a lot of important development occurs in the womb. The life I have had outside of my mother's womb was just a part of my life. Life in the womb is important as well. While we are in the womb we are developing physically so rapidly. However, it is also said that we develop emotionally inside the womb as well. Babies can recognize their parents voice. When Elizabeth had John the Baptist in her womb he lept when Mary came to Elizabeth also bearing a child. The fact that John the Baptist lept just proved that even babies in our wombs can be filled with the Holy Spirit. John's heart rejoiced at the presence of his Savior even though his savior was not yet born. Isn't it amazing what occurred before we were born?

Isn't how much we developed wonderful? We will be discussing this more tomorrow but for tonight just think about how important life is... no matter how small or short lived. God created us we were created in His image... we are fearfully and wonderfully made.

Gen. 1:27
27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

No comments: